Vaser High Definition Liposuction | Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide & Gold Coast
This is where art meets medicine in the quest for your perfect body. As fat is removed muscle is given stunning new definition. For a highly sculpted and athletic shape, Vaser High Definition Liposuction can give you a chiselled, ripped look.
Quick Facts about Vaser High Definition Liposuction.
- Uses ultrasound technology to make the fat soft like butter, allowing the removal of superficial fat to create definition around the muscles of the upper body.
- Gentle form of liposuction. No aggressive suctioning. The ‘buttery’ consistency of the fat makes it easier to suction out and allows a smooth and natural result.
- Best candidates have good skin tone and solid muscle bulk that can be felt when contracting.
- In most cases final results are seen at 6 weeks, in some cases it can take up to 6 months, and results can vary.
- Uses conscious sedation, which is safer than general anaesthetic. 1
- The definition will remain even if you put weight on.
- Moderate pain discomfort, usually requiring 4-7 days off work. You will wear a compression garment for 6 weeks.
- Regular lymphatic drainage massage in the first 2 weeks.
- Cost from $10,000.
What is Vaser High Definition Liposuction?
Vaser High Definition Liposuction, also known as Vaser 4D Liposuction allows the cosmetic surgeon to accurately sculpt the body to create an athletic and contoured look using state of the art ultrasound technology (Vaser).
These days not many of us have the spare hours each day to spend in the gym to get a six-pack and then all the additional hours of maintenance required to keep it looking in peak condition. Vaser High Definition Liposuction procedures can help fit and healthy people achieve the muscle definition which reflects all the hard work and dedication at the gym.
Vaser High Definition Liposuction, was pioneered and developed by renowned Colombian plastic surgeon Dr Alfredo Hoyos. At Cosmos Clinic, our doctors received first hand training by Dr Hoyos at a three day workshop held at Cosmos Clinic Double Bay and have also been trained by renowned cosmetic surgeon Dr Matlock (Beverly Hills, Los Angles).
How does Vaser High Definition Liposuction work?
Step 1: Conscious Sedation & Incision
Medications are given to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. Incisions (half a centimetre wide) are then made in hidden spots, to allow for the introduction of the cannula.
Step 2: Infiltration
To start, the area to be reshaped is filled with a tumescent saline solution that helps numb the site and shrink the blood vessels (this will minimize any blood loss and reduce bruising).
Step 3: VASER
A small probe is inserted into the treatment area. It transmits sound energy to break up and liquefy or melt the fat, while preserving other important tissues.
Step 4: Suction
This technique allows the removal of the fat layer just under the skin to allow for the creation of an abdominal six-pack, with a specialised cannula designed to minimize trauma to surrounding tissue structures such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue.
This approach promotes smooth results and rapid healing. The suction process puts specific emphasis on outlining the muscles of the upper body, like the rectus abdominis, serratus anterior, obliques, pectorals and latissimus dorsi.
Step 5: Skin Retraction
The heat from the ultrasound causes the skin to retract to give a smooth, natural result. To put the above into perspective watch the video link below:
What body areas can be treated with Vaser High Definition Liposuction?
Whatever part of your body you want to add definition to, the Vaser High Defintion Liposuction procedure can provide results. The most popular areas treated are the:
- Stomach: carving out a defined 6-pack;
- Chest: for the men, man boobs can be sculpted into a well-shaped firm chest, with a more square shaped chest rather than a round feminine look, making your pecs more pronounced;
- Arms: adding fine detail for that overall ripped look;
- Back: to give you the slim ‘S’ shape in women, or the desirable ‘V’ shape in men to define the lats (latissimus dorsi).
Do The Fat Cells Come Back?
The actual number of fat cells remains stable during life. Unless we become grossly obese you do not grow more fat cells after adolescence. When the fat cells are removed by liposuction it is very difficult to gain fat back in those areas. The definition of the muscle will remain even if you put weight on, your fat will be evenly distributed after liposuction. These findings were published in the August issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. The full report can be read here. For more information see Fat Facts After Liposuction.
What is the difference between Vaser (Standard) and Vaser High Definition Liposuction?
Vaser liposuction will still remove the same amount of fat as Vaser High Definition Liposuction, however with Vaser High Definition Liposuction the muscles are outlined to give the athletic look. With the abdomen, Vaser liposuction will still outline the sides of the abdominal muscle, but not the abs. Only Vaser High Definition Liposuction will give you the sculpted ab look.
What are the benefits of Vaser High Definition Liposuction?
- Contouring: Vaser High Definition can achieve this high level of muscle definition. Other forms of liposuction can not achieve this.
- Gentle: Vaser makes the fat into a ‘butter’ like consistency, making it much easier to suction out of the straw like cannula. This makes the procedure much more gentle as opposed to the ‘brick’ like consistency of fat with traditional liposuction, which is can be more aggressive and can increase the risk of irregularities.
- Quicker Recovery: Most patients have minimal pain and bruising. Generally all patients return to work within 4-7 days. Far less swelling and bruising are experienced with this technique when compared with traditional liposuction.
- Natural, smooth results: Patients are able to stand up during the procedure to allow for further fine-tuning of the treatment.
- Safe: Conscious sedation is required for the procedure which means there is no need for general anesthetic.
- Instant Shaping: Most patients will see an immediate improvement in their results which will continue to improve over the course of the following 6 months.
- Precise: So precise it can be applied to delicate areas such as inner thighs, arms, neck and chin.
What to expect after your Vaser High Definition Liposuction treatment.
After your liposuction treatment some fluid drainage can occur from the incision point, this will normally last for 12 hours only. You will also need to wear a compression garment to help reduce bruising/swelling and improve skin retraction. Your surgeon will prescribe how long this needs to be worn following the liposuction procedure, usually 3-6 weeks.
On going home after the procedure, you will not be bed-ridden, and we encourage you to move about and not be stagnate. Everybody heals differently, you know your own body and we suggest you listen to it and give yourself time to heal properly. Normal daily activities can be returned to the day after the procedure but again please must avoid vigorous activities such as exercise or sports for around 2-3 weeks.
For Vaser High Definition Liposuction you will have 8 lymphatic drainage massages over 2 weeks, with our onsite physiotherapist or nurse. The lymphatic drainage massage helps speed up recovery by dispersing the excess fluid to help provide the best results possible. The swelling will peak at 7-10 days and subside at 3-6 weeks.
Bruising will last 2-3 weeks. At weeks 2-3 you may develop some underlying scar tissue that can be treated using PRP at our clinics. The 1/2 cm incisions will heal in under a week.
Why choose Cosmos Clinic?
Unlike most other methods of liposuction, Vaser High Definition Liposuction combines technology with art. The Vaser has the ability to reshape you completely, however relies heavily on the cosmetic surgeons ability to visualise how your body should look – it’s an art and one size doesn’t fit all.
At Cosmos Clinic, our doctors are specialists in liposuction procedures and have been trained by the best surgeons around the world, including Dr Matlock (Beverly Hills (USA), Vaser Liposuction specialist), Dr Mueller (Beverly Hills (USA), iGuide inventor and facial plastic surgeon) as well as Dr Said Hilton (Germany, Dermatologist and laser and fillers expert).
We are also the only clinic in Australia to offer all forms of liposuction procedures including Bodyjet Liquid Liposuction, Vaser Liposuction Advanced Bodybuilding Sculpting (VASER ABS), Laser Liposuction, BodyTite Liposuction, Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) as well as non-invasive options including CoolSculpting.
Costs & Prices
Vaser High Definition Liposuction prices vary widely depending on your overall situation and expectations. Initial consultation is between $150- $220. As a guide, procedures can start from $10,000 including all theatre and anaesthetic costs.
Locations for Vaser High Definition Liposuction
Your initial Vaser High Definition Liposuction consultation can be undertaken at one of our cosmetic clinics in Double Bay – Sydney, Deakin – Canberra, North Adelaide – Adelaide or Benowa – Gold Coast.
Patient results may vary. At Cosmos Clinic we aim for ultimate patient satisfaction. Our doctors will re-treat any areas where they feel the results are not optimal.