Tranexamic Acid Melasma Treatment

Melasma is pigmentation characterised by blue-gray, tan or brown patches of skin. The exact cause of this skin pigmentation is unknown, but it generally occurs from sun exposure and hormonal changes in the body.

Takes 30 minutes

walk in walk out procedure

4 treatments recommended

for optimal results

We’re ready to answer any of your questions, call or ask us below

  • Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, jpeg.

We’re ready to answer any of your questions, call or ask us below

GET ANSWERS

THE TREATMENT

Treating Melasma with new and very safe treatment

Melasma is very difficult to treat. Often the skin care treatments options are either temporary or make the condition worse. For example, Hydroquinone cream and Microdermabrasion only remove the top layer of pigment cells, rather than the “crazy cells”.  Additionally, when you stop these treatments, the problem comes back Laser treatments are at a high risk of making Melasma worse, particularly if too much heat is delivered. In some cases, Laser Treatments can help but the effect is mild. Fraxel Laser only treats a fraction of the problem, and chemical peels can only treat superficial layers. A new and very safe treatment utilises Tranexamic Acid. The exact mechanism of action is unknown but it can cause complete removal of the Melasma1.

The treatment involves a few tiny injections into the dermal layer (of your skin) half a centimeter apart. The treatment has minimal discomfort.

Melasma treatment prices vary depending on your overall situation and expectations.

  • Price starts from $150 per treatment
  • Initial consultation is between $120, redeemable upon treatment

Your initial Melasma consultation and subsequent procedure can be undertaken at one of our cosmetic clinics in Australia. This includes our practices in Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide and the Gold Coast.

PER TREATMENT

$240.

Locations available

Sydney

Adelaide

Canberra

Gold Coast

Melbourne

What is Melasma?

Melasma is patchy discolouration and hyperpigmentation that occurs on the face, usually in a symmetrical fashion. The areas most commonly affected by this skin disorder include the forehead, cheeks and upper lip. With this condition, the pigment cells on the basal layer (of your skin) “go crazy”. The exact cause is unknown but the condition is associated with sun exposure and pregnancy (i.e. hormonal changes).

Melasma Example

Who is prone to pigmentation?

Unfortunately, you can’t tell in advance if you will get Melasma – although, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, if someone in your family had it, you have a 30% chance of developing it. In general, Melasma occurs in 50 -70% of pregnant women and 5 – 34% of women taking oral contraceptive. The condition usually strikes women between the ages of 20 – 39. Melasma is more common in dark-skinned people, and is worsened if the skin is exposed to the sun. Solar lentigo is a skin condition caused by chronic UV exposure. Although post inflammatory hyperpigmentation can occur in all skin types, it is more common in people of darker skin types and Asians.

LOCATIONS

See us for a consultation

Our experienced team of medical practitioners, doctors and registered nurses are committed to the expert delivery of timeless natural beauty.
See Locations

Sydney

10 Henrietta Street. Double Bay NSW 2028

Enquire

Opening Hours

  • Mon

    8:30 am – 5:30 pm

  • Tue

    8:30 am – 7:00 pm

  • Wed

    8:30 am – 5:30 pm

  • Thu

    8:30 am – 7:00 pm

  • Fri

    8:30 am – 5:30 pm

  • Sat

    8:30 am – 5:30 pm

  • Sun

    Closed

Email

[email protected]

Phone

1300 138 797

Adelaide

163 Archer Street. North Adelaide, SA, 5006

Enquire

Opening Hours

  • Mon

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Tue

    10:00 am – 6:00 pm

  • Wed

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Thu

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Fri

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Sat

    Closed

  • Sun

    Closed

Email

[email protected]

Phone

08 8267 50807

Canberra

Suite 1, Ground Floor, Equinox 2. 70 Kent Street, Deakin ACT 2600

Enquire

Opening Hours

  • Mon

    9:00 am – 6:00 pm

  • Tue

    9:00 am – 6:00 pm

  • Wed

    9:00 am – 6:00 pm

  • Thu

    9:00 am – 6:00 pm

  • Fri

    9:00 am – 6:00 pm

  • Sat

    Closed

  • Sun

    Closed

Email

[email protected]

Phone

02 6281 3294

Gold Coast

220 Ashmore Road. Benowa QLD 4217

Enquire

Opening Hours

  • Mon

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Tue

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Wed

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Thu

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Fri

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Sat

    Closed

  • Sun

    Closed

Email

[email protected]

Phone

07 5679 8630

Melbourne

110 Church St, Hawthorn VIC 3122

Enquire

Opening Hours

  • Mon

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Tue

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Wed

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Thu

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Fri

    9:00 am – 5:00 pm

  • Sat

    Closed

  • Sun

    Closed

Email

[email protected]

Phone

03 9071 0270

We’re ready to answer any of your questions, call or ask us below

  • Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, jpeg.