Mega Liposuction | Cosmos Clinic Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide & Gold Coast
Mega Liposuction is where a large amount of fat (up to ten litres) is removed from patients who are overweight.
Mega Liposuction is an effective treatment for overweight or obese patients. Not only is there an immediate reduction in weight, but this treatment can also help the patient kick-start their fitness regime, and can leads to a reduction in overall appetite.
This type of procedure does not require any major invasive surgical procedures such as a Tummy Tuck. A liposuction procedure with minimal scarring and rapid recovery time is all that is needed.
Quick Facts about Mega Liposuction.
- Mega Liposuction involves the removal of up to 10 litres of fat under conscious sedation.
- It can lead to a drop in your appetite by reducing your insulin levels. (Read more about this study by the Journal of the American Medical Association)
- Vaser Liposuction is used at Cosmos Clinic for Mega Liposuction. Vaser Liposuction allows for skin tightening and is a more efficient fat removal technique than traditional liposuction.
- In most cases patients who have Mega Liposuction see results at 6 weeks, in some cases it can take up to 6 months, and results may vary.
- You will need 1 week off work. You can resume light duties the next day.
- You will come in for regular massages with our physiotherapist in the first 2 weeks and wear a compression garment for 6 weeks to minimise swelling.
- Costs start at $6,600
How does it work?
Depending on the amount of fat that requires removal, more than 1 session could be needed. Our surgeons can remove up to 5 litres of fat per session. Usually Mega Liposuction patients have around 10 litres removed. This means 2 sessions, spaced about 4 to 5 days apart. If a further procedure is required, a recovery time of 6 weeks is needed between the second and third session.
The liposuction procedure is completed under twilight sedation. As such, no general anaesthetic is required, avoiding all associated risks. After a short recovery time spent at our clinic, you will be able to go home on the same day as your procedure.
How much does it cost?
The price of Mega Liposuction can start from $6,600, depending on the area being treated and the patient’s expectations. Our doctors will let you know exactly what you will need and a total cost when you come in for a consultation. An initial consultation costs between $150 and $220.
Where can it be performed?
Cosmos Clinic can perform Mega Liposuction at any of our clinics, including Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra and the Gold Coast.
For more information or to make an appointment please Contact Cosmos Clinic today.
Patient results may vary. At Cosmos Clinic we aim for ultimate patient satisfaction. Our doctors will re-treat any areas where they feel the results are not optimal.