Vaser Facelift – Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide & Gold Coast
Considering a Face Lift but don’t want the downtime associated with it? Vaser Face Lift is your answer…
Some quick facts about Vaser Facelifts
- The Vaser Facelift is done inserting a fine probe under the skin, which uses an ultrasound to melt the fat cells and tighten the collagen fibres.
- The procedure involves light sedation and local anaesthetic with minimal discomfort. It takes 30-60 minutes to complete.
- Most people need only 1-2 days off work. You can experience slight swelling for a few days and minimal bruising and pain, which can be controlled with Panadol.
- The procedure is usually suitable for patients over 40 with saggy jowls or people with chubby cheeks.
- The results with Vaser Facelift are 50-80 percent of what can be expected with traditional face lift.
- Cost is between $3,300 and $5,500.
What is a Vaser Face Lift?
A Vaser Face Lift involves the insertion of a fine ultrasound probe under the skin. The Vaser probe uses an ultrasound to melt fat cells and tighten the collagen fibres resulting in an improvement in your jowls and facial shape.
Who is suitable for this procedure?
Patients over forty years of age with saggy jowls are the most common group to get the Vaser Face Lift. Younger patients can get the procedure to melt fat pads that are making them look like they have chubby cheeks.
Why do I need to melt fat to improve my jowls?
Saggy jowls occur for three reasons. Firstly, the fat pads move south from your cheeks towards your jowls; secondly the skin becomes saggy and thirdly the neck muscles pull the jowls down more tightly – these three changes produce the saggy jowls. The Vaser probe will help tighten the skin by causing the contraction of the collagen fibres and melt the fat pad that makes the jowl heavy. Anti Wrinkle Injections can be applied along the jaw line and in the neck to help prevent the pulling effect of the neck muscles. All this provides you with a way of improving your jowls without a traditional face lift.
What does the procedure involve?
The procedure involves a light sedation and numbing of the area with local anaesthetic. A tiny incision is made under the neck and behind the ear to allow the insertion of the Vaser probe. The probe is then moved back and forth in the area to raise the temperature to 38-40 degrees. This will help contract the collagen fibres to tighten the skin and melt the fat cells. There is minimal discomfort, and takes only 30-60 minutes to complete the procedure.
When can I go back to work?
It is a walk in, walk out procedure and most people only need 1 to 2 days off work. You can get some slight swelling for up to a week. Bruising is usually minimal and pain can be controlled with panadol or panadeine.
Are the results the same as a face lift?
The results are 50 -80 percent of what you can expect with a traditional face lift.
How much does it cost?
The Vaser facelift will cost between $4,000 to $5,500.
The cost of a consultation is $150 – $220.
Vaser Face Lift locations
Your initial Vaser Face Lift consultation can be undertaken at one of our cosmetic clinics in Double Bay – Sydney, Deakin – Canberra, North Adelaide – Adelaide or Benowa – Gold Coast.