Nose Job, Nose Reshaping, Rhinoplasty | Sydney and Canberra
Some quick facts about Surgical Nose Reshaping
- Is a surgical procedure which corrects shape, size, width or profile of the nose.
- Is a quick procedure (1-2 hours) carried under general anaesthesia.
- Can cause temporary swelling, bruising and discomfort.
- There are some risks typical of any surgical procedure.
- Patients can go back to work within 7-10 days. Bruising and swelling can persist for several weeks.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss with our doctors your expectations and suitability for the procedure.
- Costs vary depending on specific situations.
Considering a Nose Job formally known as Rhinoplasty for Nose Reshaping?
A Nose Job, also known as Nose Reshaping or Rhinoplasty, is a surgical procedure to change the shape, size, width or profile of the nose.
Some of the reasons for considering a nose job include:
- Nose size, in relation to other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large or bulbous, drooping or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
Nose Job Procedure
- Nose Job Procedure: The surgical enhancement or reshaping of the nose
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Anaesthesia: General
- Side Effects: Temporary discomfort, swelling (black eyes), bruising
- Risks: Slight asymmetry/contouring; scarring; infection; stuffiness; loss of sensitivity; increased sensitivity; haematomas and skin discolouration
- Rhinoplasty Recovery: Back to work in 7 to 10 days. Strenuous activities and alcohol can be resumed after 3 to 4 weeks. Bruising and swelling will be gone in several weeks.
- Duration of Results: Permanent
Is a Nose Job for me?
To be a good candidate for nose reshaping you must have realistic expectations about what the procedure can do for you. It’s important to understand that the Nose Job procedure can enhance your appearance and self-confidence, but it won’t necessarily change your looks to match your ideal. Think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your surgeon.
The best candidates for Nose Reshaping are physically healthy, psychologically stable and realistic in their expectations.
It is possible to shape the nose using Dermal Fillers, and therefore, without surgery. Your cosmetic surgeon can determine whether you are suitable for this treatment or Rhinoplasty.
Nose Job Before and After
Rhinoplasty costs and prices vary widely depending on your overall situation and expectations.