Dr Joseph Ajaka MBBS (Syd), is a skilled and respected Liposuction, Fat Transfer and Injectables expert. He is regularly seen sharing his experience and expertise on television, radio, in print and at major cosmetic surgical conferences.
With over fifteen years experience in cosmetic surgery, Dr Ajaka is a leader in his field – offering his patients the safest, most effective and latest innovations in cosmetic surgery. Dr Ajaka has an amazing eye for detail and he uses his artistic flair to create natural, classic beauty. His passion is to maintain and highlight the natural beauty of his clients through various minimally invasive procedures. Patients have found Dr Joseph Ajaka to be genuine, approachable, and easy to communicate with.
Dr Ajaka is considered an expert in the field of body sculpting and cosmetic injectables. Dr Ajaka and Cosmos Clinic were the first practice in Australia to offer the non-invasive fat freezing treatment, CoolSculpting in 2010; and were also the first clinic in New South Wales to own a Vaser Liposuction machine. He currently owns 12 Vaser systems (the most in the world) and 6 CoolSculpting machines. Since doors opened, Dr Ajaka and his team of medical professionals have performed more than 100,000 cosmetic treatments, 15,000 liposuction procedures and 5,000 CoolSculpting applications.
In 2010, Dr Ajaka was appointed as an Allergan National Trainer and a member of the Allergan Advisory Board. Allergan is the largest provider of anti-wrinkle injections and facial rejuvenation products in the world, and this prestigious appointment is handed to less than 20 doctors nationwide, which certifies clinical expertise in the use of Anti-Wrinkle injections and Dermal Fillers. The role involves the trial of new products to understand their effectiveness as well as training other doctors across Australia.
Further, in 2011 Dr Ajaka was appointed as the only doctor outside of North America on the exclusive Sharecare Panel of Doctors, headed by the renowned Dr Oz.
The Sharecare Panel consists of expert doctors across the USA, and allows them to provide an interactive, social Q&A platform designed to greatly simplify the search for quality healthcare information and help consumers live their healthiest life. The appointment of Dr Ajaka to the panel is a reflection of his knowledge in his field.
In order to ensure he remains in tune with the latest in medical science, Dr Ajaka has travelled and been trained by recognised plastic and cosmetic surgeons around the world. More specifically Dr Ajaka has been trained by:
- Dr Hoyos M.D (Bogota, Columbia): Inventor of Vaser Assisted Hi Definition Liposuction and Plastic Surgeon
- Dr Matlock (Beverly Hills, USA): Vaser Liposuction specialist
- Dr Mueller (Beverly Hills, USA): iGuide inventor and Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Dr Klaus Ueberreiter and Dr Harmut Meyer (Germany): Bodyjet fat transfer technique to the breast
In addition, Dr Ajaka has been called on to speak at events by Sciton Webinar, arguably the most respected laser company in the world and the only laser adopted at Cosmos Clinics as well as IMACS Paris and Sydney. His views are sought for respected medicals journals including most recently, an article on non-invasive skin tightening in the Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Medicine 2012.
Given his experience, reputation and profile, Dr Ajaka has regular appearances on numerous media outlets including Today Tonight, A Current Affair, 60 Minutes, 7 News, 9 News, The Project and his opinion has been sought for print and online articles in Harpers Bazaar, Madison, Vive, Cleo, Bride to Be, New Woman, Slimming and Health and Fitness First magazines. Most frequently you can see Dr Ajaka on Channel 7’s, The Morning Show, for his expert opinion on all areas of cosmetic surgery.
“I love my work and how I have the ability to improve the way people feel about themselves. Having a positive effect on a person’s self esteem is something very special and I consider it an honour to have that opportunity”
- Graduate of Sydney University School of Medicine
- National Trainer for Allergan
- Affiliate member of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS)
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- Cosmos Clinic is also a training centre for Sciton in Australasia. In 2010, Dr Ajaka presented at the Sciton user’s conference in Sydney
- Asia Pacific Medical Aesthetics Congress Cebu Philippines, March 2012
- 10th Anti-Ageing Medicine World Congress and Medispa Monte Carlo, March 29-31st 2012
- Guest Speaker, IMCAS (International Masters Course Antiaging Society) INVASIX conference Hong Kong “Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction”, August 2010
- Guest speaker for Sciton Webinar, Achieving Optimal Results Safely with ProLipo PLUS™ + TempASSURE™ in the Submental Area, March 2010
- Guest speaker for Sciton users meeting – “Laser Assisted Liposuction”, Sydney, February 2010
- Guest speaker for Sciton, IMCAS conference Paris “Laser assisted Lipolysis”, January 2010
- Clinical educator, 5th National Laser & Cosmetic Medicine Conference, September 2009
- Presenter CPSA/ACCS ‘End point for laser assisted lipolysis’, 2009
- 5th International Biobridge Foundation Conference in Venice, Italy, 23rd to 24th September 2013.
- 2014 Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Conference, South Korea.
- Keynote Speaker at the Fat Grafting Asia Summit, August 2014
- Presenter at the Cosmetex conference on CoolSculpting to the abdomen, May 2016
- In September 2016, Dr Ajaka was 1 of 8 doctors in Australia invited to Los Angeles to assess the best way to introduce Belkyra, a new fat dissolving solution from Allergan, into the Australian market.