Fat Dissolving Injections are now available at Cosmos Clinic!
Reducing Double Chins with the latest Non-Surgical treatment to hit Australia
Patients with Submental Fullness “Double Chin” may feel like they look older and heavier than they actually are, in a recent survey 60% of Australian women said they are concerned about a double chin.
Submental fullness can be caused by
- Weight Changes
Submental fullness can be treated with
Some quick facts about Fat Dissolving Injections
- Using prescription medicine to destroy the fat cell wall and improve the appearance of submental fat below the chin usually referred to as a “double chin”
- At Cosmos Clinic’s the procedure takes approximately 20-30 minutes
- Small precise injections are administered to a targeted area
- Numbing cream, cool packs and small needles are used to minimise discomfort
- It is suitable for men and women above the age of 18
- Reduction of fat can be seen after approximately 6 weeks after your 2nd treatment*
- Many patients see visible results after 2-4 treatments*
- Once the fat cells are destroyed they can no longer store or accumulate fat
- Cost starts from $1500
*Disclaimer – results may vary from patient to patient
What are Fat Dissolving Injections?
Cosmos uses the latest fat-busting injectable drug. Developed by the pharmaceutical company Allergan, the treatment is:
- Clinically Proven – Reduces the appearance of submental fullness
- Customised Results – Injectable treatment tailored to suit each patient’s needs and circumstances
- Contoured Profile – More than 75% of patients reported satisfaction with the appearance of their face and chin. Feeling happier and younger, less embarrassed and less self-conscious (*Results may vary from patient to patient)
The treatment is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule produced in the body to aid in the absorption of fat.
When it is injected into the tissue below the chin, disrupts the fat cell membrane. As a result, the cells breakdown and release their fatty contents, the body then naturally metabolises and excretes this fat.
The breakthrough non-invasive treatment of the fat dissolving injection is providing another option to surgical treatments for the growing number of patients wanting to address their “double chin” problem area.
*Results may vary from patient to patient
Who is suitable for this procedure?
The Fat Dissolving Injections suitable for both men and women, over the age of 18 who have excess fat under their chin, this could either be from weight gain or genetics.
It is another non surgical option for those who want to reduce their double chin but are not suitable candidates for Cool Sculpting treatments (Cool Sculpting applicators are a fixed size which may not fit everyone) or for those who do not want to undergo surgical procedures such as liposuction, full facelift or other invasive surgery.
How long does the procedure take?
The Fat Dissolving Injections procedure takes approximately 20-30 minutes and patients can have up to 50 small injections during one treatment session
Most patients experience mild to moderate pain to the area being treated. To reduce discomfort the area maybe numbed and cooled pre-treatment.
A template is applied to the target area to ensure even distribution, whilst avoiding anatomical landmarks
A series of small injections are administered. When injected correctly, all the healthy cells around the submental fat, remain intact and unaffected as well as nearby nerves and muscles.
*Results may vary from patient to patient
Are the any side effects?
The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness around the treatment area. All of which usually will have resolved before subsequent treatments.
- Swelling occurs immediately after your treatment making your skin feel tight. The swelling reduces slowly over a 2-3 week period.
- Bruising may occur with all treatments involving injections and your clinician will try to minimise this as much as possible
- During the treatment, there is some discomfort and your clinician will try to reduce this as much as possible by applying numbing cream and cool packs. After your treatment, the area may feel sore to touch but this will reduce within a few days
- Numbness and the formation of small hard areas is also a common side effect which improves day by day
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments required depends on how much submental fullness the patient has, but many patients have experienced visible improvement results within 2 to 4 treatments. Patients can have up to 6 treatments of fat dissolving injections administered to achieve the desired result. (*Results may vary from patient to patient).
Consecutive treatments can be done every 4-6 weeks.
Results are long-lasting and most patients will not undergo further treatment for at least 4 years
When will I see results?
In most cases visible results are seen at around 4-6 weeks after your second treatment (*Results may vary from patient to patient), and with each subsequent treatment further improvement is seen. You will be encouraged to book a review appointment so your clinician can take photos and monitor your progress.
How much does a Fat Dissolving Injections cost?
The Fat Dissolving Injections starts from $1500 for 2 vials at 1 treatment session.
Package discounts are available for multiple treatments starting from $2500 for 4 vials over 2 treatment sessions
Fat Dissolving Injections Locations
Your initial Fat Dissolving Injections consultation can be undertaken at one of our cosmetic clinics in Double Bay, Sydney; Deakin, Canberra; North Adelaide, Adelaide or Benowa on the Gold Coast.
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact Cosmos Clinic today.
Do not use this website as a substitute for medical advice or self or other diagnosis. Seek the advice of a medical practitioner.
The examples, predictions, and results offered on this website vary from individual to individual. Results take time. They can be seen in as little as 6 weeks. This time may vary considerably depending on each individual. 6 weeks is a typical example. Results are effected by a number of factors, predominantly the way in which a patient follows instructions post surgery and the manner in which the patient behaves generally post surgery. Diet and exercise play an important part in the health and well being of a patient and in the maintenance of their body shape. Results will also vary purely based on the general make up of each patient and whether they have had surgery previously.