Under Eyes: Dark Circles, Hollows & Fine Lines – Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide & Gold Coast
Dark circles under the eyes can be treated with Dermal Fillers and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP).
Some quick facts about Under Eyes
- Hollows under the eyes can be improved using Dermal Fillers.
- Approximately 3 injections are required under each eye.
- We use a blunt needle which reduces the risk of bruising and swelling; where it occurs it might last between 2 and 7 days.
- Results will be evident approximately one week after the swelling subsides and will last for 12-15 months.
- Is not possible to fully remove dark circles but we can minimise their appearance.
- To obtain these results we use Dermal Fillers, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and creams rich in caffeine, which reduce puffiness and swelling.
Texture & Fine Lines
- We use Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), obtained from your own blood, which stimulates the production of collagen and improves the look of your skin under your eyes.
- PRP is full of your own natural growth factors and stem cells which speed up healing and cell regeneration.
Hollows Under the Eyes
The loss of volume that occurs under the eyes can be corrected using Dermal Fillers. At Cosmos Clinic, we use high quality Dermal Fillers, produced by a leading pharmaceutical company. These fillers have built-in local anaesthetic allowing for a quick and more comfortable treatment. The Dermal Filler is used to fill the hollow, with approximately 3 injections required under each eye.
Using the latest innovation in Dermal Fillers, hollows under the eyes can be filled for a smooth, natural result with a reduced risk of bruising and clumping. At Cosmos Clinic we use a blunt needle to inject the Dermal Filler; thereby greatly reducing the risk of bruising. Some swelling and bruising may occur and can last for approximately 2 to 7 days. Improvements will be usually evident approximately one week after any swelling has subsided with results lasting for 12 to 15 months, results can vary.
Dark Circles under the Eyes
It’s impossible to fully remove dark circles under the eyes, however there are techniques available that can minimise their appearance. Dermal Fillers can assist with the look of dark circles by hydrating the area and stretching the skin. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) increases the thickness and vitality of the under-eye skin, helping to reduce dark shadows. Creams rich in caffeine have also been shown to reduce the appearance of dark circles, by reducing puffiness and swelling.
Improving Texture Under the Eyes
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a great, natural treatment for improving skin texture and fine lines under the eyes. It uses your own plasma as a seed to stimulate further production of collagen and naturally improve the look of your skin. Plasma contains a high concentration of platelets; a specialised cell involved in injury healing and cell regeneration containing your own natural growth factors and stem cells. For full skin rejuvenation the optimal concentration of plasma is 6 to 8 times the amount found in your blood. Cosmos Clinic utilises the cutting edge Harvest® Technologies PRP System, which yields 8 times the amount of plasma found naturally in blood, and Regen® which yields 6 times the amount of plasma found in your blood. PRP also helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles by thickening the skin under the eyes. Please click on the following link for more information on Platelet Rich Plasma: PRP.
Under Eyes Treatment Locations
Your initial Under Eyes Treatment consultation can be undertaken at one of our cosmetic clinics in Double Bay, Sydney; Deakin, Canberra; North Adelaide, Adelaide; or Benowa Gold Coast.
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact Cosmos Clinic today.