So you are considering anti-wrinkle injections or dermal fillers at our Adelaide clinic? The two cosmetic treatments can be effective at minimising fine lines, reducing acne scarring and restoring that desired youthful appearance.
Here we explore the key differences between the two injectable treatments to help you ascertain which option is right for you.
What do dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections have in common?
- Both are cosmetic treatments designed to enhance your natural looks;
- Both can treat and help manage visible signs of aging;
- Both are injectables administered using a syringe;
- Both have minimal side effects and little downtime;
- Both only require short consultation times;
- Both should only be administered by a medical professional such as a qualified doctor or cosmetic registered nurse.
What is the key difference between dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections?
The main difference between the two injectable treatment is:
- Dermal fillers help to restore volume and enhance features
- Anti-wrinkle injections help to relax muscles and smooth fine lines
Characteristics Of dermal filler injections
If you’re seeking a radiant glow, dermal fillers may be the option to help your restore this youthful appearance. Cosmos Clinic Austalia-wide, including Adelaide, use hyaluronic acid dermal fillers which are a naturally occurring substance found in the body. This gel-like injectable is placed under the skin to plump up treated areas and smooth out deep folds and lines where volume loss has occurred.
The dermal filler cosmetic injections are designed to restore volume to areas of the face where the skin tissue has degenerated due to the ageing process, environmental factors, fat loss or genetics. The dermal fillers work to also fill in acne scars or deep hallow pockets under the eyes.
Dermal filler treatments are also effective at contouring and reshaping facial features such as the nose, jawline, cheekbones or lips. This can be to enhance a person’s overall appearance, correct problem areas or to create symmetry with the face shape. For some, this negates the need for invasive cosmetic or plastic surgery.
In addition, hyaluronic acid dermal fillers help to hydrate the skin by binding to water and stimulate collagen production. This improves the overall elasticity and flexibility of the skin which is particularly important in areas where the skin tissue has thinned.
- Dermal fillers are injected into the dermal layer under the skin;
- The injectables fill and restore volume loss;
- They can help contour facial features;
- They improve skin quality including hydration and texture;
- Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are naturally dissolved by the body;
- The effects typically last 6 months to 2 years depending on the treated area;
- Maintenance dermal filler treatments are available to extend the results.
Characteristics Of anti-wrinkle injections
Anti-wrinkle injections are a safe and effective cosmetic treatment that relaxes the facial muscles that cause the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles. If you’re seeking facial rejuvenation by minimising the appearance of frown lines, crow’s feet or smile lines, an anti-wrinkle treatment may be a good option for you.
Anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking the nerve impulses that control muscle movement. When injected into the target muscle tissue, the anti-wrinkle injections cause the muscles to relax 3 to 5 days after treatment. Full effects are typically not seen until two weeks after the cosmetic treatment and last anywhere from 3 to 8 months.
As with the dermal fillers, anti-wrinkle injections will gradually be reabsorbed into the body. Repeat injections will be required to maintain the results long-term. Some individuals may experience longer-lasting effects with continued use due to the targeted muscles unlearning the responses that originally cause the development of the fine lines.
- Anti-wrinkle injections into targeted facial muscles;
- The injectables help reduce fine lines by relaxing the muscles;
- They may help to reduce nerve stimulation;
- The results are seen up to 2 weeks post-treatment;
- The effects last between 3 and 8 months depending on the treated area;
- For long-term results, repeated treatments are recommended.