Looking forward to getting a better-looking and toned body for your personal goals?
There are plenty of body sculpting options out there to help you meet your goals but choosing the right one for you is confusing.
We’ll help you with that; we’ve covered a list of body sculpting procedures to help you make a decision.
From costs to a mini write-up on each procedure, you’ll have all the information you need to feel confident in your surgery.
What is body contouring?
Body contouring is a procedure that helps you remove fat and flabby skin on your body with the help of plastic and cosmetic surgery.
It changes the shape of your body to help you achieve your aesthetic goals e.g bigger breasts, a leaner body, and a flat tummy.
The different types of body contouring treatments
Body contouring treatments are usually separated into two parts: minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures.
Minimally invasive procedures mean that surgeries will be carried out with tiny incisions and small cuts; this promotes faster recovery as well as minimising scars and bruises since there are no large cuts.
Minimally invasive surgeries are also safer and easier to go through as a patient. It is not a coincidence that minimally invasive surgeries are preferred by surgeons worldwide.
Non-invasive on the other hand is self-explanatory; there are no cuts or incisions involved. Fat is usually broken down by using ultrasound or freezing technology, depending on the type of procedure that you go for.
Non-invasive surgeries are popular as you don’t have to go through surgery which means that there will be no scars, no downtime, and no pain.
Is body contouring treatment for women only?
This is a question that we get a lot; body sculpting procedures can be done on men and women.
In fact, cosmetic surgeries among men is rising over the years so you should not be worried about being unable to perform body sculpting procedures if you are a man.
With that being said, if you are one of these individuals, body sculpting is great for you.
- Adults whose weight loss has stabilised
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals
- Individuals that are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness
The best body contouring treatments
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive treatment that helps you eliminate fat from your body easily.
It is very effective in removing fat without the need for surgery which is its biggest advantage in comparison to other body sculpting procedures.
How does it work?
A block-like tool is placed on the treatment area. The procedure then “freezes” the fat cells in the area to be treated. When the temperature is lowered, the fat cells turn from solid to liquid.
This destroys the fat cells in the body effectively. Over a period of a few weeks, your body naturally removes these fat cells through your immune system.
- It is as effective if not even better in removing fat from the body compared to other body sculpting procedures. Patients can expect to see results as quickly as 3 weeks.
- It can target various parts of the body easily so multiple areas can be treated.
- Since there is no surgery involved, there is zero downtime and patients can get on with their daily routine immediately
- Zero to minimal pain; you’ll only feel a mild and cold discomfort during the procedure.
- The same area can be treated multiple times to improve results; that means you can apply CoolSculpting on a specific area for 2-3 times which gives you an improvement in your results.
The procedure usually costs $850 per treatment. If you opt for packages, however, the costs can go down to as low as $600 per treatment.
We offer CoolSculpting packages to patients who want to lose fat without surgery. Have a look at our CoolSculpting information page to see if it’s right for you.
VASER (which stands for “Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance”) is a minimally invasive liposuction procedure.
It utilises ultrasound technology in conjunction with tiny cuts to remove fat from your body effectively.
VASER has been in operation for over a decade in providing minimally invasive liposuction treatment to patients and it is the preferred choice among top doctors over the globe.
How does it work?
The area to be treated for fat removal is injected with a special saline solution. This saline solution causes the fatty layer in the treated area to expand. The solution also acts as a numbing agent to reduce pain.
Once the fatty layer expands fully, a small ultrasound probe is passed under the skin to remove the fat via suction. The ultrasound helps to dissolve and liquefy the fat cells which allow for easier removal.
Once all of the fat cells are removed, the procedure is done.
- Very effective in removing fat cells as it is dissolved (turned into liquid form) during the suction process. An analogy to this would be to imagine drinking water with a straw – it is much, much easier.
- Minimal scars and bruising. Since there are no cuts involved, you don’t have to worry about having visible scars on your body. Most of the times, you won’t even notice the tiny scar on the treated area.
- Your blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissues will have little to no damage during the surgery. This leads to little blood loss and bruising during the procedure as it is very gentle.
- More fat is removed in VASER liposuction compared to traditional liposuction. This means that you can achieve a leaner body with less pain.
- VASER liposuction is also highly targeted. This means that you can target stubborn areas such as the lower tummy, your buttocks, and your arms for fat removal.
Prices start from $3,300 to $6,600 per area. For VASER High Definition liposuction (which gives you a ripped and muscular look), prices start from $10,000.
We offer VASER liposuction treatment to patients who want to lose fat effectively through minimally invasive surgeries. Have a look at our information page to find out more about the treatment.
If you’d like to know more about liposuction or cosmetic surgery in general, head on over to our site for more info. PlasticSurgery.org is also another valuable resource to read up on plastic surgery.
You can also e-mail us directly at email@example.com.