Since opening our Melbourne Cosmos Clinic doors at the end of last year, we’ve seen a growing demand for cosmetic procedures from preventative and anti-aging treatments like injectables to more invasive surgeries like Liposuction.
Dermal fillers are one such treatment we are seeing a surge in popularity amongst Melbournites who are looking to refine their facial features and restore or maintain their youthful appearance.
If you’re thinking of visiting the new Cosmos Clinic in Melbourne for your first time dermal filler treatment, here are a few of our top tips.
Be prepared for your initial consultation
Before you have your filler injections, you’ll be required to attend an initial consultation to help determine what you want to achieve and whether dermal fillers are suitable. It’s also a time for the Cosmos Clinic injector to create a treatment plan and discuss the procedure in more details.
This is your opportunity to ask any questions you have for your injector about the cosmetic treatment, the filler product or the aftercare recommendations.
During your initial consult, be sure to:
- Request a thorough assessment of your facial features.
- Disclose your full medical history including current medications and supplements.
- Understand how using dermal fillers in different areas of the face can help you reach your goals.
- Be clear on the costs of the dermal filler treatment and the number of injections required to correct the sagging, refine your jawline or treat those fine lines.
- Listen to the advice of your injector. They will be honest at how little or how much lip filler you should use, the areas that could help to give you the effects of a non-surgical facelift or where you could most benefit for volume loss correction.
Understand the procedure
While dermal fillers is a walk-in, walk-out cosmetic treatment that takes less than 30 minutes, it’s still a procedure that has possible side effects.
Gaining an understanding of the procedure is important to ensure that it is the right cosmetic surgery option for you.
- Ask questions about the type of fillers used and the difference between non-permanent and permanent fillers.
- Find out what the possible risks and side effects of dermal fillers.
- If you’re combining it with another non-surgical procedure, such as Anti-wrinkle Injections, know the in’s and out’s of the treatment.
- Understand how much downtime is required or the activities you should minimise during recovery.
Be clear on your expectations
When meeting with your Melbourne Cosmos Clinic injector team for the first time, it’s important you are clear on your expectations for dermal fillers.
It’s also equally important to be able to convey this well to your injector. You may find using old photos of your face useful when talking about volume loss and rejuvenation. Magazine or website images can also be used as inspiration to communicate your expectations in cases such as a nose or lip enhancement.
When your cosmetic team understand your expectations, they will be able to best advise what treatment approach will be work to meet these goals and whether or not they are realistic.
By using dermal fillers, our Melbourne team aim to correct your problem areas and improve your overall facial anatomy while producing natural results.