Large Pores Treatment – Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide & Gold Coast
Some quick facts about Large Pores
- Caused by excess skin oil production and ageing of the skin.
- At Cosmos Clinic we aim to remove the layer of dead skin cells and stimulate new collagen production using Skin Needling, Platelet Rich Plasma, Omnilux and Daily Skincare products.
- Our doctors will discuss the best treatment for your skin.
- Prices vary depending on treatment options.
Suffering with large pores? Cosmos Clinic can help to reduce your pore size.
Large pores or enlarged pores on the face are a very frustrating problem for many people. Large pores are prone to forming blackheads and acne. Large pores also often stand out and are more noticeable when makeup is applied. Treatment of large pores in the past has been mainly directed towards drying agents to reduce oil production in the skin. These treatments do help, but they are a short-term solution and don’t change the skins structure in a way to reduce enlarged pores and pore size permanently.
What causes large pores?
Large pores are generally caused by 2 primary factors.
- Excess Skin Oil Production – People with oily skin have more oil producing cells in their sebaceous glands. The more sebum that’s produced the larger the pores become;
- Aging of the Skin – As our face skin ages many very significant changes occur. The most striking aging change is loss of collagen. Collagen is a very important supporting structure in the skin. When collagen is lost with aging, the oil glands and pores lose support and become lax and the pores become enlarged.
What are the treatment options for large pores?
Treating large pores is difficult, they can be improved by improving the overall quality of the skin. Removing the upper layers of dead skin and stimulating new collagen production is the objective. Once this has been achieved, maintaining the results through the use of a good quality sunscreen and a potent form of topical vitamin A is recommended. The following treatments are available to treat large pores at Cosmos Clinic:
- Skin Needling: Dermapen can be used alone or in combination with PRP to remove surface dead skin cells, stimulate new collagen and visibly reduce pores;
- PRP: used alone or in conjunction with Skin Needling to improve skin texture, stimulate collagen and tighten the skin;
- Daily Skincare.
The best treatment for large pores can be discussed with our doctors and nurses. We usually start with skin needling with PRP along with good quality daily skincare and omnilux treatments.
What is the cost of large pores treatments?
Initial consultation at one of our cosmetic clinics in Sydney, Canberra or Adelaide is $120. The consultation fee is redeemable back when you proceed with a treatment. Prices for the treatment of large pores will vary depending on the treatment option required.