Meet Dr Joseph Ajaka
Looking for one of Sydney’s best known Cosmetic Surgeons?
Dr Joseph Ajaka MBBS (Syd), is a skilled and respected Cosmetic Surgeon. He can be regularly seen sharing his experience and expertise on television, radio, in print and at major Cosmetic Surgical conferences.
With over ten years experience in Cosmetic Surgery, Dr Ajaka is a leader in his field, offering his patients the safest, most effective and latest innovations in Cosmetic Surgery. He has an amazing eye and uses his artistic flair to create natural classic beauty. His passion is to maintain the natural beauty of his clients with minimally invasive procedures. Patients have found Dr Joseph Ajaka to be genuine, approachable, and easy to communicate with.
Dr Ajaka has a wide range of experience and expertise in:
- Vaser 4D Liposuction
- Vaser Hi Definition Liposuction
- iGuide Neck Lift
- Anti-aging Wrinkle Treatments and Injections
- Body Sculpting & Contouring
- Buttock Augmentation & Lift
- Laser Treatments
- Skin Care Treatments
Dr Ajaka is considered to be an expert in his field. In 2010 was appointed as an Allergan National Trainer and a member of the Allergan Advisory Board. Allergan is the largest provider of Anti Wrinkle injections and facial rejuvenation products in the world, and this prestigious appointment is handed to less than 20 doctors nationwide. The role involves the trial of new products to understand their effectiveness as well as training other doctors across Australia.
Further, in 2011 Dr Ajaka was appointed as the only doctor outside of North America on the exclusive Sharecare Panel of Doctors, headed by the renowned Dr Oz. The Sharecare Panel consists of expert doctors across the USA, to allow them to provide an interactive, social Q&A platform designed to greatly simplify the search for quality healthcare information and help consumers live their healthiest life. The appointment of Dr Ajaka to the panel is a reflection of his knowledge in his field.
In order to ensure he remains in tune with the latest in medical science, Dr Ajaka has travelled and been trained by recognised plastic and cosmetic surgeons around the world. More specifically Dr Ajaka has been trained by:
- Dr Hoyos M.D (Bogota, Columbia): Inventor of Vaser Assisted Hi Definition Liposuction and Plastic Surgeon
- Dr Matlock (Beverly Hills, USA): Vaser Liposuction specialist
- Dr Mueller (Beverly Hills, USA), iGuide inventor and Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Dr Klaus Ueberreiter and Dr Harmut Meyer (Germany) in the Bodyjet fat transfer technique to the breast
In addition, Dr Ajaka has been called on to speak at events by Sciton Webinar, arguably the most respected laser company in the world and the only laser adopted at Cosmos Clinics as well as IMACS Paris and Sydney. His views are sought for respected medicals journals including most recently, an article on Non-Invasive Skin Tightening in the Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Medicine 2012.
Given his experience, reputation and profile, Dr Ajaka has regular appearances on numerous media outlets including Today Tonight, A Current Affair, 60 Minutes, 7 News, 9 News, The Project and his opinion has been sought for print and online articles in Harpers Bazaar, Madison, Vive, Cleo, Bride to Be, New Woman, Slimming and Health and Fitness First magazines. Most frequently you can see Dr Ajaka on Channel 7’s, The Morning Show, for his expert opinion on all areas of Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr Ajaka Says…
“I love my work as a Cosmetic Surgeon and how I have the ability to improve the way people feel about themselves. Having a positive effect on a person’s self-esteem is something very special and as a Cosmetic Surgeon, I consider it an honour to have that opportunity.”
Qualifications & Positions Held
- Graduate of Sydney University School of Medicine.
- Cosmetic Surgeon.
- National Trainer for Allergan; the company that produces anti wrinkle injections and facial rejuvenation products. This is a prestigious title, with less than 20 trainers Australia-wide in this position.
- Dr Ajaka is an Affiliate member of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS).
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS).
- Cosmos Clinic is also a training centre for Sciton in Australasia. In 2010, Dr Ajaka presented at the Sciton user’s conference in Sydney.
Dr Ajaka has attended many National and International conferences including:
- Asia Pacific Medical Aesthetics Congress Cebu Philippines, March 2012.
- 10th Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress and Medispa Monte Carlo, March 29-31st 2012.
- Guest Speaker, IMCAS (International Masters Course Antiaging Society) INVASIX conference Hong Kong “Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction” (August 2010).
- Guest speaker for Sciton Webinar, Achieving Optimal Results Safely with ProLipo PLUS™ + TempASSURE™ in the Submental Area (March 2010).
- Guest speaker for Sciton users meeting – “Laser Assisted Liposuction”, Sydney (February 2010).
- Guest speaker for Sciton, IMCAS conference Paris “Laser assisted Lipolysis” (January 2010).
- Clinical educator, 5th National Laser & Cosmetic Medicine Conference (September 2009).
- Presenter CPSA/ACCS ‘End point for laser assisted lipolysis’ (2009).
- 5th International Biobridge Foundation Conference in Venice, Italy from the 23rd to 24th September 2013.
- 2014 Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Conference, South Korea.
- Keynote Speaker at the Fat Grafting Asia Summit, August 2014.
- Presentor at the Cosmetex conference on CoolSculpting to the abdomen, May 2016.
- In September 2016, Dr Ajaka was 1 of 8 doctors in Australia invited to Los Angeles to assess the best way to introduce Belkyra, a new fat dissolving solution from allergan, into the Australian market.