Collagen Stimulating Injections – Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast & Adelaide
Collagen Stimulating Injections are used to restore skin tightness to saggy skin and add volume to hollow areas of the face by inducing the production of new collagen.
Collagen stimulating injections can be used on all areas of the face to restore the fullness and tightness of younger looking skin. The most common areas are the cheeks, around the mouth, the jowls and under the eyes.
Quick Facts about collagen stimulating injections
- You will need three to five treatments, four to six weeks apart. Results are visible between six weeks and three months, when the collagen has had time to renew. Optimal results may take up to six months.
- A local anaesthetic cream is applied to the face half an hour before the injections. Roughly ten injections are needed per site.
- After the treatment you will need to massage the area twice a day for five days.
- Collagen stimulating injections lasts for two years. A yearly touch up is advised.
- The most common side effect is bruising. The risk of lumps is minimal.
- Time Required: Thirty minutes plus twenty minutes for anaesthetic cream to act.
Frequently Asked Questions about collagen stimulating injections
1. What are collagen stimulating injections?
Collagen stimulating injections are made up of a synthetic injectable material known as “Poly-L-Lactic acid.”
Poly-L-lactic acid is biocompatible (a material that does not harm the body) and biodegradable (able to be broken down to lactic acid by the body). Poly-L-lactic acid has been widely used for over forty years in dissolvable stitches and soft tissue implants. As we age, our collagen quantity and quality diminishes and gets squeezed out of the folds and wrinkles of our skin. This aging process can be reversed with collagen stimulating injections by assisting the production of new collagen.
2. How do collagen stimulating injections work?
Collagen stimulating injections provide a gradual and significant increase in skin thickness, improving the appearance of folds and sunken areas. Collagen stimulating injections is injected below the surface of the skin in the area of volume loss and skin sagginess. Collagen stimulating injections provides a gradual increase in skin thickness and skin tightening by stimulating your body to form new collagen. It acts like a fertilizer, or a seed that stimulates the production of the new collagen, replacing the old and damaged collagen that occurs with aging. Over a few months new collagen is laid down creating a soft, natural feel to take on the characteristics of the surrounding skin tissue.
3. Where can collagen stimulating injections be used?
Collagen stimulating injections can be used all over the face to restore the fullness and tightness of younger looking skin. The most common areas are the cheek, around the mouth including the nasolabial folds, the jowls and under the eyes. Collagen stimulating injections can also be used in the treatment of scars and for the loss of volume often seen on the back of the hands.
4. Are the results of collagen stimulating injections immediate?
As the Collagen stimulating injections are injected, it restores volume. This immediate volume increase subsides after about one week. But, as the collagen stimulating injections is absorbed by the body, new collagen growth is naturally stimulated. Natural collagen growth continues long after the treatment ends, further increasing volume and restructuring the area. Positive results are visible at four to six weeks. The body takes around ninety days to form new collagen so the full result is not normally visible until three to six months after treatment.
5. How many treatments are required?
Most people require two to four treatments, three to six weeks apart for a complete response. Patients with severe facial fat loss may require five to six treatment sessions.
6. How long do treatment results last?
Treatment results will differ for each person. A recent clinical study found that for most patients the treatment results lasted for up to two years after the first treatment session. A yearly touch-up treatment is required to maintain the desired result.
7. Do collagen stimulating injections injections hurt?
Local anaesthetic cream is applied thirty minutes before the collagen stimulating injections treatment. Minimal discomfort is experienced with the use of a numbing agent and the application of an ice pack.
8. What can I expect to happen at a treatment session?
- A topical or local anaesthetic is applied.
- Collagen stimulating injections will be injected in small amounts into the skin using a very fine needle. Multiple injections are required.
- An ice pack will be applied to the treatment area to reduce any swelling.
- After the collagen stimulating injections treatment session, the area is thoroughly massaged for five minutes to evenly distribute the product.
- The injecting session should take less than thirty minutes.
9. What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately following a treatment session with Dermal Stimulators, you may experience some redness, swelling and bruising in the treatment area. This discomfort will subside from a few hours to a maximum of two days.
You will be given specific post-treatment care instructions which will include massaging the area a few times each day for several days after treatment.
10. What are the possible side effects of the Collagen stimulating injections treatment?
The most common side effects from collagen stimulating injections are minor but can include tenderness or pain, redness, bruising or swelling. These side effects generally last between two to six days. It is not uncommon to bruise with collagen stimulating injections treatments with up to 20% of patients experiencing some bruising. However, this can be concealed with makeup.
Small early nodules may sometimes occur but often resolve spontaneously within three to four weeks. The development of late nodules is uncommon.
11. What is my next step?
For more information contact please contact Cosmos Clinic on 1300 138 797.