Thigh Lift – Sydney & Canberra
Some quick facts about Thigh Lift
- Is performed under general anaesthesia.
- The procedure takes approximately 2 hours.
- Incision lines will be hidden in unnoticeable areas.
- There are some risks common to any surgical procedure. Risks and suitability for the procedure will be discussed with you by our doctors.
- Recovery is between 2 and 6 weeks, depending on physical activity. Compression garments are required for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Costs vary depending on specific situations.
What is a Thigh Lift?
A thigh lift targets the fat surrounding the inner thigh and also reduces sagging skin. A thigh lift is good choice of procedure for eliminating large amounts of fat where excessive sagging skin would still result if only liposuction were to be used.
Thigh Lift Procedure
Performed under general anaesthetic sedation, an incision is made at the intersection of the thigh and pubic area. A wedge of skin and fat is removed and then the skin is tightened. The whole procedure takes around 2 hours. The results are improved leg contour and enhanced skin elasticity.
Will a Thigh Lift leave any noticeable scars?
Like any surgical procedure, incision lines are always required. They are however, hidden in relatively inconspicuous locations. Silicon gels can be used with great success to help healing and reduce any long-lasting marks. The benefits of a thigh lift generally outweigh this small cost for most patients.
Are there any associated risks?
All surgeries have risk associated with them. As with any procedure, being as healthy as possible, both physically and mentally, will aid in the reduction of any risks.
Most common risks with surgical incisions are:
- Keloid Development – where the scar “overgrows” the original scar;
- Hypertrophic Scarring – the body overproduces collagen and causes the scar to be raised above & around the surrounding skin;
- Opening of a section of the wound;
- Haematoma – collection of blood localised under the skin;
- Fluid build-up under the wound;
- Infection; and
- Incision taking longer to heal.
What type of recovery should I expect?
Patient recovery can vary from anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks depending of your daily level of physical activity. Lifting heavy objects and strenuous activities will prolong recovery. Showering is possible after surgery and compression garments are required for two weeks after the procedure to assist in the healing process and reduces the possibility of fluid build-up. We encourage a friend or family member to pick you up after the procedure due to the effects of sedation and discomfort of surgery.
The Best Candidates For a Thigh Lift
The best candidates are people with large areas of fat or excessive saggy skin that do not respond to exercise and Vaser Liposuction/ liposuction may not be as effective. Good candidates for a thigh lift must have realistic expectations with their results. A thigh lift can enhance your appearance and confidence however, it may not create your “perfect body” image. It’s important to carefully consider your expectations and discuss them with our surgeon before proceeding.
Thigh Lift Costs & Prices
Thigh Lift costs and prices vary depending on your overall situation and expectations. Initial consultation with Dr. Ellis Choy is $250.
Contact us to find out more about this procedure.