Not happy with your current nose profile? Is the bridge of your nose too large in comparison to the rest of your facial features?
There are plenty of things to consider if you are contemplating a non-surgical or surgical nose job in Australia. One of the first is to decide between the two cosmetic surgery procedures and which option is right for you.
Explanation of non-surgical nose reshaping and rhinoplasty can be found on the Cosmos Clinic cosmetic procedure pages. However, to make things easier for you, we’ve outlined the key differences between the surgical procedure and injectable procedure performed in our Sydney clinic.
What is a surgical nose job?
A surgical nose job, otherwise known as rhinoplasty, is a plastic surgery procedure designed to correct the size, shape, width or profile of your nose. This procedure is performed under general anaesthetic by a plastic surgeon and takes 1-2 hours to complete depending on the desires for your nose.
At Cosmos Clinic, surgical nose reshaping is performed by Dr Ellis Choy in a hospital located in Sydney or Coffs Harbour. Patients typically require 7-10 days off work to recover from the nose surgery with some bruising and swelling persisting for several weeks.
What is a non-surgical nose job?
A non-surgical nose job uses dermal fillers to alter the shape of the nose without the need for invasive cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. Using injectables, bumps and indentations can be camouflaged, nasal contouring can be achieved and symmetry obtained in a quick procedure with little to no downtime. In fact, the results of the cosmetic procedure can be seen immediately.
What are the key differences between the two Cosmos Clinic cosmetic procedures?
- Rhinoplasty alters the nose with plastic surgery whereas a non-surgical nose job uses injectables.
- Rhinoplasty is performed under general anaesthetic in a Sydney or Coffs Harbour hospital by a plastic surgeon. An “injectable nose job” is performed at one of our cosmetic clinics by a cosmetic surgeon or registered nurse.
- The surgical nose job is a day procedure taking 1-2 hours. A non-surgical nose job is completed in less than an hour.
- Sydney rhinoplasty patients typically require 7-10 days downtime with swelling and bruising subsiding after a couple of weeks versus no downtime and immediate results of a non-surgical nose job.
- The cost of injectable nose reshaping is significantly less than the surgical nose job option.
- Rhinoplasty is a permanent solution whereas results of a non-surgical nose job last between 18-24 months.
- Both procedures are precise and can enhance your facial appearance, however, a non-surgical nose reshaping is best for minor irregularities and contouring.
- Being a non-surgical procedure there are reduced risks and side effects with dermal filler injections when compared to plastic surgery nose reshaping.
- Rhinoplasty may correct functional issues, however, a non-surgical nose job, like any anti-wrinkle injections, is purely for aesthetics.