Liposuction Sydney, Canberra & Adelaide
Not happy with the shape or size of your body? Considering Liposuction? At Cosmos Clinic, we have the skill, vision and technology to select the right procedure for your body and expectations…
Liposuction or lipoplasty (which translates as “suction-assisted fat removal” and “fat modeling”) is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess fat from different areas on the body, including thighs, buttocks, tummy, breasts, upper arms and parts of the face and neck. It sculpts the body, making its contours more aesthetically appealing and eliminating unsightly pockets of fat.
There are many different forms of liposuction, utilising different technologies to provide unique results. All have their cons and pros. Each method requires a different skill base and hence is its own art form.
At Cosmos Clinic, we are the only clinic in Australia to offer all forms of liposuction at our Sydney and Canberra clinics. Our doctors are liposuction specialists, performing over 2,000 liposuction procedures to date. This means that for you as a patient, no matter what your shape, size, age or expectations are, our doctors are equipped with the technology, skill and vision to deliver superior results.
Options for Liposuction
Cosmos Clinic provides an extensive range of surgical and non-surgical Liposuction options:
- Vaser Hi Definition Liposuction Advanced Bodybuilding Sculpting (ABS) - A cutting edge ultrasound assisted liposuction uses specially designed probes that can reveal hidden muscle definition and actually surgically increase the size of the muscle in the abs, pecs and biceps – even highly resistant areas like the calves. It creates a balanced natural looking body shape, which is beautifully sculpted and defined.
- Liposoft Liquid Liposuction - The most gentle way to accurately remove the bulges of fat and sculpt the body.
- Power Assisted Liposuction - A procedure that is similar to suction-assisted liposuction, except that it is performed with a specialized cannula that uses mechanized movements to help break up the fat tissue quickly in large areas.
- Vaser Liposuction – An advanced ultrasound assisted liposuction that removes excess fat and contours the body giving smooth results.
- Bodytite Liposuction - The Bodytite can remove the fat cells and tighten the skin at the same time. Used for areas with very loose skin.
- Smart Lipo / Prolipo PLUS - A form of laser lipo that is useful for skin tightening, shaping the neck and face and removing cellulite (cellulaze).
- Mummy Tummy Liposuction - The combination of liquid liposuction to remove the fat cells and laser lipo/smart lipo to tighten loose skin.
- Lipodissolve - Involves the injection of a soya bean solution to help dissolve fat cells, very unpredictable results.
- Coolsculpting - The best non-surgical technique to remove fat cells.
Our doctors will discuss your needs and will help you decide what the best treatment is for you.
Vaser ABS Liposuction (above)
Mummy Tummy Liposuction (above)
Liquid Liposuction (above)
How Does Liposuction Work?
The liposuction procedure involves passing a thin metal tube through small incisions into the subcutaneous fat to remove it by suction (suction-assisted liposuction).
With some liposuction techniques, the fat can be treated by a jet of water, ultrasound or a vibration to make its removal easier. The safe, maximum amount of fat that can be removed during a single operation will vary depending on the individual, the surgeon and the technique used, however a guide is approximately 4 to 5 litres.
Fat removed by liposuction will result in a permanent change in body shape and it is much harder to gain fat again in those areas unless you suffer from obesity in later life. Well-performed liposuction can remove fat from critical areas of the body making it look as though a larger amount of fat has bee removed. For more information on this please Refer to our Fat Facts After Liposuction page or to read an article about the different types of liposuction available please click here Liposuction Options.
The Best Candidates for Liposuction
Pockets of fat stored in certain parts of the body can be very stubborm and hard to budge even with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Liposuction removes the fat stored between the skin and the muscle, not the intra-abdominal fat (the fat stored around the major organs in the abdominal cavity).
The best candidates are people with stubborn areas of fat that do not respond to exercise. Good candidates for Liquid Liposuction or Vaser ABS Liposuction must have realistic expectations about results. Liposuction is not a substitute for diet and exercise and should not be considered as a weight loss technique.
Liposuction is most effective in patients who are within a healthy weight range, have good quality skin and wish to sculpt/shape excess pockets of fat. Age is not a major issue however; some older patients may have issues with loose skin due to reduced levels of collagen and elastin. In this case, Liposuction can be complemented with Skin Tightening techniques.
After undertaking any form of liposuction at Cosmos Clinic, you must participate in post opt treatments. This will ensure that you achieve the best results possible after the procedure.
On average, 3-6 post opt treatments are required, starting at day 1-5 after your procedure. On going home after the procedure, you will not be bed-ridden, and encourage you to move about and not be stagnate. Everybody heals differently, you know your own body and suggest you listen to it and give yourself time to heal properly. Normal daily activities can be returned to the day after the procedure but again please must avoid vigorous activities such as exercise or sports for around 2-3 weeks. For more information click here.
Liposuction Costs & Prices
Liposuction costs and prices vary widely depending on your overall situation and expectations. Initial consultation is $120. As a guide, procedures start from as little as $3,300 including all theatre and anaesthetic costs.
Your initial Liposuction procedures consultation can be undertaken at our Cosmetic Clinic in Double Bay, Sydney or our Cosmetic Clinic in Deakin, Canberra.